Saturday, October 12, 2024

Singapore 60s Music: Chatter Matters: A Letter From Abroad. Searching For A Long Lost Friend.

CHATTER MATTERS! 
Full letter extract from
the Blog's Comment pages.


The anonymous letter below has never been answered. If anyone is familiar with the circumstances and is known to the writer, do reply on this blog. 
Thank you.

Hi Andy,

"I’m so happy to see the picture of your band Velvetones, because in 1964 I have a pen friend called *Charles Tung, of Chinese dad and English mum; he and his friends formed a group called the Velvetones too and later changed to Cormorants. His friends are Wilson Ong, Sam and Sammy the drummer; the three off them are guitarists.

Then in 1978 when I was moving house I lost his photographs, address, as he had just moved too. I wonder if any of you know anything about these boys. We are now almost 80 years of now, as my family can to go for a holiday in Singapore, he always likes to talk about how nice your country is and had always wanted us to go visit whenever we can. 

So I hope if any of you can help me please find my friend. He has a younger brother called *Walter, a younger sister called *Linda and for a long time they lived with their parents at 110 Dorset Road Singapore 8 . I would very much appreciate your help.

The sixties had the best music and songs. We are lucky to have passed through that era. Thank you so much in advance. I pray to get some good news."

Anonymous Writer/Country Unknown. 2.7.2023.

Elvis Presley: 'Return To Sender'
YouTube Video by: Reigh Phillip Clayton.

Andy Replies:

Hello,

If there is any response, your friends will write to me. I shall give them your email address if you send it to me. You must also provide me your full name, address and the country you are from.

I shall not publish your address, etc. on this blog. It will remain confidential.

3.7.23.

No comments: