Friday, March 04, 2022

Russia Ukraine War Today: Pop Song Memories Yesterday: Wind Of Change?

From Russia With Love [1963]
Matt Monro

''From Russia with love, I fly to you
Much wiser since my goodbye to you
I've travelled the world to learn
I must return, from Russia with love...''
Back In The USSR [1968]
The Beatles

''The Ukraine girls can really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
That Georgia's always on,,,
My my my my my my my my my mind...''
Sympathy For The Devil [1968]
The Rolling Stones

''I watched with glee 
While your king and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made...''

Rasputin [1978]
Boney M
A Germany based song

''There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was strong and big and his eyes a flaming glow
Most people look at him with terror and fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear...''
Wind of Change [1990]
Scorpions
West German Rock Band

''Listening to the wind of change
The world is closing in
Do you think that we could be so close, like brothers...
The future's in the air
Can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change...''

LET'S HOPE FOR PEACE SOON!

It's such an irony when we listen to the lyrics of these songs that I still remember. It wasn't too many years ago that we sang them and in one full circle the war is back but I am no war-monger nor an armchair politician. 

Just love these songs and some of their meaningful lyrics. 
Let's hope for peace again, soonest!

IT'S MARCH, 4TH TODAY. MARCH FORTH TO PEACE!

Images/Videos: Google and YouTube.

Scorpions: Winds of Change: 
Scorpions: [Official Music Video]

8 comments:

johnny yeow said...

for winds of change the key word in the lyrics connecting to russia would be balalaika

Cedric Collars said...

"Jukebox in Siberia" by the Skyhooks is another example of the winds of change that is slowly filtering through our lives and the world at large. We the older generation must teach our children well so they know what wars can do. Let us pray 🙏

FACEBOOK said...

Freda Hanum
Stephen Han
Jimmy Appudurai-chua
Hiroshi Deguchi
Yip Dick
Irene Yap
Peter Lim
Ser Kiong Tan
Lim Nance
THANKS TO ALL FOR LIKING THIS POST

FABIAN FOO said...

This is one of their best hits I love. Have been listening to few of their performances through the years.

HIROSHI DEGUCHI [JAPAN] said...

I bear no hatred or bitterness toward the Russian people and Russian songs and songs about Russia. For they are good people. They are not evil, only individuals are evil...

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

YES, SAD ISN'T IT. SEE WHAT GEO-POLITICS CAN DO TO EVEN FAMILIES.

FREDA HANUM TEEPEES said...

Yeah let's hope for peace soon🙏

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks to all who replied and commented.

This blog is non-political; only the songs remind us of times in the past and creative people's actions to war and anger.

I welcome comments as usual.