Thursday, March 04, 2021

Andy Singapore Music - Guess The Titles Quiz


When You're Smiling
The whole world smiles with you.


UP TO 1,200 VIEWS

Here are 10 song titles [A-J]. 

Match them with the lyrics below [1-10].

[A] Rose Rose I Love You

[B] Moments To Remember

[C] Twilight Time

[D] Happy Happy Birthday Baby

[E] Dark Moon

[F] Diana

[G] When I Fall In Love

[H] You're The Boy

[I] Chee Chee Ooh Chee

[J] When You're Smiling

Lyrics

1 'And too many moonlight kisses, seem to cool in the warmth of the sun.'


2 'Once on a tree-top tall, a li'l bird, sang out the sweetest song, I've ever heard.'


3 'Though Summer turned to Winter and the present disappears, the laughter we       were glad to share will echo through the years.'


4 'But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain.'


5 'Deepening shadows gather splendour, when day is done.'

6 'Mortals have dreams, of love's perfect schemes, but they don't realise that love       can sometimes bring...'


7 'Standing on the jetty as the steamer moves away, flower of Malaya I cannot stay.'


8 'When you hold me in your loving arms, I can feel you giving all your charms.'


9 'Do you remember the names we had for each other.'


10 'You feel my emptiness, you feel my loneliness.'

The Silver Strings with Mike and Herb 
'Let Em Come'. YouTube Video by Audie Ng.

'Rose Rose I Love You' with the Shanghai Sisters. The original recording was by Frankie Laine and was a big hit in the 50's. 'Standing on the jetty as the steamer moves away, flower of Malaya I cannot stay.' THANKS to Shanghai Sisters group at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F4FiTm-YDk&t=26s

Images from Google'

8 comments:

FACEBOOK CHATS said...

A SILVER STRINGS song and a NAOMI and the BOYS song are included. Check the lyrics with 8 other pop hits... PLEASE write your answers below. Thanks.

Koh Daisy
Know the Naomi song well enough but not familiar with Silver String one ..must be the H10 song.


Koh Daisy
A7, B3, C5, D9, E6, F8, G1, J4...Haven’t heard of H and I so it’s a guess based on song title I2 and H10😀

Stephen Han
The answers are as follows:-A=7,B=3,C=5,D=9,E=6,F=8,G=1,H=10,I=2,J=4.

Stephen Han
-Are my answers correct?

Andy Young
yes all correct Stephen. FANTASTIC. THANKS.

Andy Young
WOW, Daisy and Stephen, bravo. You are both experts in your field of 50s pops. I am more in Daisy's category and not too familiar with local pops [surprise] but Stephen takes the cake with an all correct answer. thanks to Daisy and Stephen. Others listen to some of these songs. They are GOLDEN POP CLASSICS.

Andy Young
To be honest Irene Yap and Tan Tee Peng scored earlier but missed on two each, So overall winner is STEPHEN HAN. Thanks guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F4FiTm-YDk

Andy Young
To be honest Irene Yap and Tan Tee Peng scored earlier but missed on two each, So overall winner is STEPHEN HAN.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks all for quick participation.
I think I have to make these quizzes more difficult
There are very dedicated people who are well-versed with local and overseas pops.
Enjoyed it much.

PLEASE JUST TRY THE QUIZ FOR FUN.
DON'T CHECK THE ANSWERS UNTIL LATER.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

THANKS TO PERSONAL CHAT GROUPS
IN SINGAPORE AND OVERSEAS FOR
EXPANDING THE BLOG CIRCULATION,
ESPECIALLY LARRY LAI...

FACEBOOK said...

Ser Kiong Tan
Gracie Teo
Jimmy Appudurai-chua
Koh Daisy
Mark Tan
Francis Anthony Rozells
Ann Rowena Lim
Koh Sui Pang

THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT THE QUIZ
THIS LIST WILL LENGTHEN

IRENE YAP RECORDING ARTISTE said...

Except for CHEE CHEE OOH CHEE and DARK MOON
the rest are familiar songs to me.
Sang some and musicians I've worked with sang them too.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks Irene.
You got all correct except the two you mentioned
since you're not familiar with them.
Thanks for being so sporty.
Appreciate all the other readers who gave their answers.
Thank you all very much.

FL said...

Perhaps, Andy, you should have announced or confirmed the results in 4 or 5 days late, i.e. not the next day. This will give more readers a chance to try out the quiz. Just a suggestion only. Btw, I got low score for the quiz as I was too young then to know old songs' lyrics unless the songs are very very popular ones ! Cheers !

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi FL
First my apologies for the late reply.
The computer's been acting up again.

Second, yes you are right.
The answers came too early because
I thought it was tough for many.

Third, thanks for your enthusiasm
and concern; I appreciate that you
made these suggestions.

We shall have another quiz soon,
this time it would be around the
Cliff Richard and Bee Gees era.

Cheers FL and others on this page reading.