Friday, September 20, 2024

Singapore 60s Music: In Memory Of Chin Oi Min From 'Friday Girls': By Nicole.


Letter 1 From Rolana:

Hi Andy,

I wish I had found *this page sooner. My aunt was one of The Friday Girls. In the picture of the purple sleeve above, she was the girl in the middle. Her name was Chin Oi Min. Unfortunately, my aunt passed on two days ago and I chanced upon your site while we were looking for her songs. I believe that she was still in contact with one of two of the girls (I think Rolana was one of them) in the group before her passing. 

And by the way, thank you for immortalising The Friday Girls on the post 👩.

Letter 2 From Rolana:

Hi Andy,

Here are some photos of The Friday Girls that we found while going through my aunt’s belongings:

The second photo is a card that they gave out to fans (my aunt - rightmost) and the third is a photo of my aunt and Rolana, taken when Rolana came to Singapore for a visit in 2017.





Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the blog visit and writing in too. I am sorry to hear of Ms Chin's passing away. 
RIP Oi Min. Hope this post will make you feel better and that Rolana will read it and write to this blog.

Warm regards,
Andy.

Images: Copyrighted by owner. Do not use them for any publication whatsoever.

NB:

*Connect below to The Friday Girls stories:


No comments: