Monday, January 10, 2022

Ladies Fashion In China 2022: Standing On The Corner Watching Uptown Girls...

Tik Tok China 】 #6 Douyin 
Chinese Girls Fashion Style on The Street!
YouTube Video by: Meditation Space. 

In trying to follow the times and not get held back in the 60s, I tried a few postings on fashion but have been told they are, "too much".  I wasn't sure so going through the video clips from YouTube, there are many pleasant pictures of ladies in their latest garb looking bright and cheerful, sexy yes but definitely dignified and attractive.

The majority of readers say, don't bother. Just post the clip. After all the topic is just watching our ladies go by. So here goes. 

And it ain't being sexist!
Image from Meditation Space.

When a friend sent me the above video my first thought was Dean Martin's  song,
'Standing On The Corner.'  But this scene isn't from the US. Apparently, and for many years now, Asia has its own version of The Decade's Daring Darlings and Dare-Devils. And they are up there, revealed.

Brother, you don't know a nicer occupation 
Matter of fact, neither do I.
Than standing on the corner
Watching all the girls (X3) go by...
(Dean Martin)

A long time ago if you appreciate and stare at a pretty lady walking by, she might just display an unappreciative smile but today it's the opposite reaction, as you can see on the video.
Police with 'Every Breath You Take': 
YouTube: Police Official Video Live.

The full video reminds me of other songs like:

Walk Right Back 
Walk All Over You
Walking My Baby Back Home 

I'm Walkin'
You'll Never Walk Alone
Walking On Sunshine

Walk On The Wild Side
Walk On Out Of My Mind.
When China Girl Meets China Boy

Brother you can't go to jail for what you're thinking
Or for that woo look in your eye.

Then there's one by Andy Williams: 'Music To Watch Girls By' and, The Police with 'Every Breath You Take'. Need I write more?

So whether it's Billy Joel or Westlife screaming their heads off with 'Uptown Girl,' it doesn't really matter because you can find them this side of the Pacific. 

Poor Donald.

[If you know of any popular Chinese 60s pop songs about ladies fashion and walking down the streets, please share. But then in the 60s, China was not what it is today...]
Westlife - Uptown Girl - Live from the O2. 
From YouTube Westlife Video. Thank you.

Images and videos from Google and YouTube.

14 comments:

Cedric Collars said...

Looking at the scene of such fashion statements beings me to the Glen Miller " On a little street in Singapore " and the lyrics are hinting of chongsums and sanfoos. We grew up watching them and like " The times they are a changing " fashion has evolved. Good luck folks

CHAKAP CHAKAP: said...

On a little street in Singapore

On a little street in Singapore
With me - beside a lotus covered door
A veil of moonlight on her lovely face
How pale the hands that held me in embrace
My sails tonight are filled with perfume of Shalimar
With temple bells that guide me to her shore
And then I hold you in my arms
And love the way I loved before
On a little street in Singapore
On a little street in Singapore
With me - beside a lotus covered door
A veil of moonlight on her lovely face
How pale the hands that held me in embrace

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Billy Hill / Peter De Rose

On a Little Street in Singapore lyrics © Reservoir Media Management Inc

ALFRED WONG [SPA OWNER] said...

Good writeup!

Should do one video on SG fashionable people walking along Orchard Road.
Surely able to capture creative n diverse street wear... from all over the world.

G.C. said...

I HUNGER FOR THEM.

RICHARD RAJOO said...

Now that they have done away with their MAO SUIT realised that their features are more in line with the REST of the FEMININE WORLD.

WOW! IS THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE SUSIE WONG.

LKM said...

Only Good to look at.

OLIVER B. [DRUMMER/FORMER SEC SCHOOL PRINCIPAL said...

You've got good taste, even in your TWILIGHT TIME years.

[TWILIGHT TIME by the PLATTERS.]

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

I guess it's just for fun that guys look at girls.
It's a natural thing...

"I'm the cat that got the cream
Haven't got a girl but I can dream
Haven't got a girl but I can wish
So I'll take me down to Main street
And that's where I select my imaginary dear..."

Thanking everyone who wrote in to make a comment.
Cheers.

FACEBOOK CHATS said...

Jimmy Appudurai-chua
Stephen Han
Yip Dick
James Kwok
Chow Wen Hing
Kwandy Yao
Roop Singh
Patrick Teng
Myo Min Htun

THANKS GUYS,
YOU'VE GOT GOOD EYES.

STEPHEN HAN said...

Is fun to watch the lovely girls go by while standing on a corner of the street

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Short of being called a sexist we all think it's a natural tendency to admire youth and beauty - from both angles - ladies and gents.

Thank you all very much for supporting the video and posting.

Anonymous said...

This post is dedicated to JOHN L. who loves artistic beauty.
Like when I was in NZ recently, the guy looks and me and said,
"Beauty is in the eyes of the BEER HOLDER."

Cheers!

Andy Ong said...

Thanx for your blog. Keeps alive the music scene in our Little Red Dot. Lots to be proud of.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your comment.
I appreciate that you are reading the blog.
Do visit it whenever you are free and able.

Yes, we must be proud of our Dot.
Cheers!