Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Songs With 'Tiger' Titles For This Lunar Year: 2022 With Elvis, Lulu, Survivor & Abba.

A Happy Tiger Year To My Readers
祝 我 的 读 者 虎 年 快 乐

Yes, it's gonna be a roar-some year indeed. Here are a few of the fierce but musical ones, tamed by Lulu, Survivor, Abba and Elvis Presley.

There are many songs with "tiger" titles but these four hits are my favourite.

Lulu: I'm A Tiger 
YouTube Video From: LULU.

"A lot of men have come my way
Thinking that I'm easy prey
But you'll never tame this child
She loves running wild
You won't cage me in
Just stick around, let the fun begin..."

Songwriters: 
Marty Wilde, Ronnie Scott
Lyrics (C) BMG Rights Management.

A random moment just popped up when I saw your post Brother Andy. 'Tiger Feet' by Mud is my favourite. Yes, I clearly remember them having eleven hits between March 1973 and August 1975, including chart topping 'Tiger Feet' at the beginning of 1974. 

Oh, another name came to mind when I saw Marie McDonald McLaughlin aka LULU with 'I’m A Tiger'. Still remember my first glimpse of her was in 1972 when I was lucky enough to be in the front row of the orchestra section and Lulu walked by me, about one foot away before taking her seat near the center. Of course, she was here as Mrs Maurice Gibb when The Bee Gees performed their “Spectacular Tour” at our now defunct National Theatre. 

Many thanks for this upload, my friend. As always good music to remember the times gone by👍❤️🙏. 

Article by FRED CHING



Eye of The Tiger: Survivor [Official HD Video]
YouTube Video from: Survivor Band

"It's the eye of the tiger It's the thrill of the fight Rising up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor Stalks his prey in the night And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger..."

Songwriters:
Jim Peterik, Frankie Sullivan.

Elvis Presley: Tiger Man [King of the Jungle]
1968 [Comeback Special]
YouTube Video: Elvis Presley

"I am the king of the jungle
They call me Tiger Man
I am the king of the jungle
They call me Tiger Man
If you cross my path
You take your own life in your hands..."

Songwriters:
Joe Hill Louis and Sam Philips [Burns]

@@@@@@
Tiger: Abba.
"I am behind you, I always find you
I am the tiger
People who fear me never come near me
I am the tiger
The city is a prison, you'll never escape
You're forever trapped in the alleys..."

Songwriters: 
Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson.

The Tiger - Fabian.
Contributed by Tan Soo Khoon.


Tiger year, tiger songs and the 'tiger in your tank'
promoted Esso Petrol from the late 50's.
[This image is for  illustration only; 
neither sponsoring nor advertising any product.]

Images: Google

9 comments:

FRED CHING said...

A random moment just popped up when I saw your post Brother Andy. Tiger Feet by Mud is my favourite. Yes, I clearly remember them having eleven hits between March 1973 and August 1975, including chart topping Tiger Feet at the beginning of 1974. Oh, another name came to mind when I saw Marie McDonald McLaughlin aka LULU with I’m A Tiger. Still remember my first glimpse of her was in 1972 when I was lucky enough to be in the front row of the orchestra section and Lulu walked by me, about one foot away before taking her seat near the center. Of course, she was here as Mrs Maurice Gibb when The Bee Gees performed their “Spectacular Tour” at our now defunct National Theatre. Many thanks for this upload, my friend. As always good music to remember the times gone by👍❤️🙏

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

hi, many thanks for your Chinese New Year gift. I shall add it to the post crediting your good-self. Interesting, your encounter with Lulu at the BEE GEES SPECTACULAR.

DAISY KOH [MRS] said...

Eye of the Tiger ….

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

yes, a favourite of many.

STEPHEN HAN said...

Don’t forget to put a tiger in your tank.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

very true. The tiger's been electrified now. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. I still remember the petrol stations around...

PETER LIM said...

Wow! That's awesome!

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

thanks for keeping in touch Peter

FACEBOOK said...

Yip Dick
Jennie Law
Freda Hanum
Ann Rowena Lim
Rose Khoo
Stephen Han
Fred Ching
Jimmy Appudurai-chua
Foo Jong Fook
Ericbronson Wong
Peter Lim
Moody Cash
Ambrose David
Roop Singh
Koh Daisy
Philip Chew
Jalani Mohamed
Michael Fonseca
Ben van der Laan-Hatikustia
Charlie Bogosoff
Sophie Ang

THANKS FOR LIKING THIS POST.