Thursday, March 21, 2024

"A Brief Encounter With The Late SG PM Lee Kuan Yew!" Says Freda Hanum. Have you?

Our former Singapore Prime Minister, 
Lee Kuan Yew [LKY]
who passed away on 23 March, 2015.


Meeting Former PM Lee Kuan Yew In Person:

LKY was my mum's most favourite person; she would attend all his rallies and his talks... I was with her all along since 12 years of age. I was so excited when I had a brief encounter in a taxi and LKY was in his car driven by the chauffer, stopped by the traffic light next to our taxi.

He looked at me and gave me a wave with the most kindly smile, I shouted to my mum saying, "It's LKY there next to us!" 😃 

I never forget this brief encounter with the great man of Singapore 🙏.

Freda Hanum [The Teepees, Girl Group]:

Freda Hanum:
Musician, Singer and Author.

Reply From Andy:

Freda Hanum hi! 

That's an exceptionally touching story. Thanks for sharing such an important moment in your life. At Pulau Tekong Island, I couldn't even get near him but his aura and charisma attracted the crowd as they surged towards him that day.

If you had a brief encounter with the late LKY, do write in to tell us.

No comments: