|5 days on board the Victoria Anna.|
|With family on a slow boat up the Three Gorges Dam.|
|Sketch map of Yangtze River and trip is from Yichang to Chongqing.|
|A Moonlit Night On Spring River.|
Professor Zhu Qixin in his book, The Sights of China, best describes the area when he wrote, "The steep mountains, the dangerous rugged shoals and the turbulent waters are characteristic of the gorges. The perpendicular cliff and grotesque peaks with clouds wrapping them in a blanket of mist create one of nature's most majestic sights (page 106)."
|Zhangjiajie Mountain Range with 'Avatar' imaginings.|
Fancy, although we saw the moon on our short river experience we missed the sun during our land tours when we visited the cities because of the smog, smog, smog.
|Chongqing City Centre National Day October 2012.|
As our river boat drifted into Chongqing, Middle Kingdom's largest and most populated city I guess, "Moon river, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day" would be appropriate.
Anyway, if you have the time take Dean Martin's advice. Or Andy Williams'? There's such a lot of world to see..."
|There is music everywhere as we meet buskers on our land tour.|
1. (I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China sung by Dean Martin. Frank Loesser (1947).
2. Extracts from: A Hundred Million Miracles sung by Miyoshi Umeki. Richard Rodgers n Oscar Hammerstein II (1958).
3. Extracts from: Moon River sung by Andy Williams. Henry Mancini n Johnny Mercer (1961).
4. Images/Map: from Google Images, You Tube and ChinaSelect.com.
5. Chongqing City and buskers images by Andy Lim.
6. You Tube: song by Dean Martin contributed by dvvreeswijk.
7. Professor Zhu Qixin, The Sights of China, China Travel Tourism Press (2004).
"When a cross cultural love for songs and travel meet and mix." Andy Lim.
2ND JUNE 2015
CONDOLENCES TO FAMILIES WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LOVED ONES IN THE YANG TZE RIVER CRUISE TRAGEDY. MORE THAN 400 PASSENGERS WERE STILL MISSING IN POSSIBLY CHINA'S WORST SHIPPING ACCIDENT IN 70 YEARS.