Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Old Hit Songs - New Titles For Baby Boomers


Image inspired by new title: DENTURE QUEEN - ABBA (Dancing Queen)

Old hits are being revised to accommodate baby boomers. So with apologies to the artistes concerned, the classics with new titles include:

Tony Orlando - Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
Bobby Darin - Splish Splash, I Was Having A Flash
Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Walker.
Ringo Starr - I Get By With A Little Help From 'Depends'

The Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Hip?
Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny Nash - I Can't See Clearly Now.
Paul Simon - Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver

The Commodores - Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Male
Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Napping
The Temptations - Papa's Got A Kidney Stone

Abba - Denture Queen
Helen Reddy - I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore
Lesley Gore - It's My Hormones & I'll Cry If I Want To
Willie Nelson - On the Commode Again!
Cliff Richard - The Young Once

*Blogger Originals:
Skeeter Davis - Please Help Me I'm Falling Once Again
The Beatles - Now I'm 64
Bee Gees - I Started To Choke

The Beatles - 8 Days So Weak
Rod Stewart - Maggie's Grey

You have to figure out the pop hit titles yourself. You wanna add to the list? Why not.

With much enthusiasm from: Joe, LL's friend. Thank you.

4 comments:

Victor said...

Haha, nice humorous post, Andy. You can add Thimbuktu's blog called The Young Once to the list, i.e. "Cliff Richard - The Young Once".

Roger said...

Haha...hilarious! How about

North to Hadyai
Take me home, Cefiro

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks Victor. Yes, 'The Young Once' has always been the starting point when seniors get together to discuss humorous titles for 60s pop.

I have added it to the list.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks Roger, 'North To Hadyai' replaces 'North To Alaska' and 'Take Me Home Cefiro' = 'Take Me Home Country Road.'