Saturday, December 06, 2008

Silver Strings Rhythm Guitarist - Merlin Lim


Manhunt: I have started on my manhunt. It began when Audie invited me to sing at the concert I mentioned. From the practices we had at a recording studio I met original drummer Danny Boy who has since 'retired' from playing at the Carriage Bar, York Hotel next to Goodwood Park Hotel. He drummed at the comeback show.

Audie had invited Merlin (Rhythm) to play too, however, Merlin declined as he was too busy with his day job. He still looks young with his jet black hair. Merlin joined the navy and travelled the world after he left the SS in the 70s. He is now working with a security company.

Merlin promises to tell me stories about his experiences with the SS when they toured Asia in the 60s and 70s.


He's one of the nicest guys around, truly!

(Image: From Strings Vinyl Record Cover.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test comment. Congrats on taking the initiative to blog on singapore 60s music.

Anonymous said...

You and your friends had a colorful and interesting time in the 60s. Please continue to share with us. It's nice to reminisce about the days of our youth. Makes us all feel younger again!

Mimi said...

fancy chancing upon such an interesting blog. it's quite nice to see how my father-in-law looked like back then. :)

-danny's daughter-in-law