Monday, July 01, 2024

July And Jesamine: "A Butterfly Child, So Free And So Wild..." [Remember Jap Chong?] JJJ.

 UP TO 300 VIEWS 

    15 COMMENTS    

It's July
My oh my!
I shall try,
To get by
For a while!
With...
Originally recorded by 
this group in 1968.

'Jesamine' by The Casuals
YouTube Video from: NothingButOldies

Songwriters: Manston Geller.

Half of 2024 has gone.
July starts the second half...

The Singapore Side of 'Jesamine'.

The late Jap Chong recorded
'Jesamine' with The Quests.
And made it a hit in Singapore 
with his version.

Jesamine: The Quests: 
Singapore's Own Pop Group
YouTube Video from: 
Famous or Forgotten Music

What Others Say:

Horace Wee [Guitar Legend]:
This song always reminds me of the late Jap Chong [Quests]during his late years with his group Penny Lane. He sang this very well. Jap worked with me producing jingles and audio projects when he returned from the US in the 80s. He was a true friend and stuck by me when we got into some difficult business dealings. Gone too soon. RIP dear buddy.

Christopher Toh [Journalist/Author]:
I remember bringing a young friend to see Jap when he was playing at Emerald Hill. I told her to request Jap to play 'Jesamine'. He seemed very chuffed that someone so young would know that song. This was after I met the Quests for their 1994 album.

Andy:
A very pleasant and polite gentleman, Jap had always be unassuming in his ways.
He was a good listener too. I think this particular recording was one of his best.
RIP Jap. We shall always remember you... He passed away on March 2nd, 2014.

Terence Lee:
Remembering my old friend Jap. May his soul rest in peace.

Jimmy Chng [Drummer/The Decibels]:
Nice rendition of 'Jesamine' by Jap Chong. This is yet another song recorded by our local artistes that I enjoy listening to, more than the originals. Susan Lim's recording of 'Frankie' and WUB's: 'Sausalito' are two others that come to mind.

Henry Chua [Quests/Bassist]:
We re-recorded Jesamine in 1994 with the Polydor label.

Freda Hanum Malaysia:
Love this song 'Jesamine' by Casuals and also by the unforgettable fabulous Quests ..thanks for bringing back the song Andy.

Winston Koh [Trailers Singer]:
Jesamine was very well sung by Jap Chong of The Quests, a good friend of mine. Thank you Andy. Good memories. Cheers!

Oliver Balasingham [Drummer/Former School Principal:
One of my favourite songs and was pleasantly surprised to see the super cover of this song done by Singapore's pride, the supremely talented The Quests.

Andy:
"And JOHN KLASS too. Thanks for sparing your busy schedule to LOVE💓 the 'Jesamine' song by the late Jap Chong [Quests]. It's on the blog post too.

John Klass:
Yes I sure will Andy Young! Keep up the great work 😊🥂

Mister X [William Xavier] :
GOLD90.5 where I also work... I'll tell John you said so.
Cheers Andy.

Andy:
Thank you very much Will. 

Hiroshi Deguchi [Japan]:
It was not until I got The Quests CD in 2000s that I heard the song "Jesamine". The song was not released in my country. It all depended on record companies. This often happens.

Andy Young
Hiroshi Deguchi yes, it's true. 
Selectively done to suit [to them] that particular country.

Thanks to the following folks
below who 'like' and 'love this post:

Freda Hanum
Stephen Han
Patrick Teng
John Klass💓
Hiroshi Deguchi
Ann Rowena Lim
Colin Colin
Terence Lee
Rose Khoo
Raymond Cho
Moody Cash
Tin Leong Lim
Jennie Law
Ambrose David
Somkid Lakhawat
Ben van der Laan-Hatikustia💓
Tom Tan
Chen Hui Si
Rachel Sng

And welcome to new readers, 
RACHEL SNG and AMBROSE DAVID.

Comments are encouraged from readers who knew Jap.

Images: Google.

No comments: