Saturday, May 28, 2022

Inflation Blues: BB King Sings About World Inflation: Currently Too: 2022

 

BB King

UP TO 200 VIEWS. 20 LIKES, 11 COMMENTS

Inflation Blues: BB King 
[Live At Nick's - 1983 HD].
YouTube Video by: mindtraveller1989.

Songs I Love

Inflation in Singapore and the world today, 2022.

Yes, inflation is an old story. It's like a toy balloon, held loosely in hand.  A strong wind blows strong and the balloon flies away, usually higher and higher. Today it's worse! The balloons combine  and even carry houses into the blue yonder. 

I guess that's the reason why many of us have the blues. So let's hear what BB King has to say about inflation. This composition, is from the US and released in 1983.

It's worth a listen. Got the blues man! Price of chicken too will go North.

"You know I'm not one of those highbrows,

And things are going up and up and up and up,

And my cheque remains the same..."


Inflation Blues
[In parts only]

You got me frustrated

And I don't know what to do

I'm trying to make a living

I can't save a cent

It takes all of my money

Just to eat and pay my rent

I got the blues

Got those inflation blues

Now you take that paper dollar

It's only that in name

The way that buck has shrunk

It's a lowdown dirty shame

That's why I got the blues

Got those inflation blues

'Cause I have

please cut the price of sugar

I wanna make my coffee sweet

I wanna smear some butter on my bread

And I just got to have my meat

And things are going up and up and up and up

And my cheque remains the same

That's why I got the blues

Got those inflation blues."

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Alexander / Southern

Inflation Blues lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. 

Check him out below:

https://singapore60smusic.blogspot.com/2019/09/b-b-king-is-94-years-young-thrill-is.html

Images: Google.

Video: YouTube.

13 comments:

MOODY CASH said...

Oyea D $$$$$$-Blues Not Enough!

STEPHEN HAN said...

It's hard to make a living.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

THANKS GUYS. YES, FOOD PRICES HIT HARD ESPECIALLY. WE GOTTA EAT.

ERICBRONSON WONG [HONGKONG] said...

So terrible nowadays,, prices shoots up like mad n d dollar shrinks to Tom thumb size,, it's really going crazy now D poor r getting poorer being jobless they r on welfare so many of them,,

fortunately Hong Kong is considered lucky, most of them gets monthly assistance from D taxpayers n government handouts,,,,

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Moody, Stephen and EricB.,

thanks for the honest situation in a nutshell. I think we'd be singing the blues for a long time to come...

Meantime, we gotta sing, INFLATION BLUES

HIROSHI DEGUCHI [JAPAN] said...

The song touches me deeply, yes I'm a pensioner.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

YES. As the years go by, we feel how inflation has eaten the worthiness of money. Your statement touches me deeply too. Thanks for writing in dear sir.

JIMMY APPUDURAI-CHUA - ENGLAND said...

The thrill is real but it's gone

Cedric Collars said...

We baby boomers were born in a time when 20 cents could really get you a meal and a bus ride but looking at today we can only say that "We were born to sing the blues in the night" as the song goes and BB King so rightly plays with his guitar "Lucille"

YEN CHOW said...

Hi Andy,

Just read the blog and it has interesting lyrics for that song INFLATION BLUES. But I haven't learnt much to appreciate blues music. I like mood lifting music. Haha.

But the lyrics and the emotion match. Thanks, trying to stay afloat in a better mood.

FACEBOOK CHATS said...

THANKS TO THE ABOVE READERS.
INFLATION HAS AFFECTED US ALL.

Stephen Han
Jimmy Appudurai-chua
Alphonso Soosay
Hiroshi Deguchi
Yip Dick
Ericbronson Wong
Moody Cash
Perry Koh
Gracie Teo
Lim Kuan Min
James Kwok
Chow Wen Hing
Koh Sui Pang
Poh Huat Tng
Ben van der Laan-Hatikustia
AudMon Flotat
Andy Nisbet
Chen Hui Si
Davy Chan
Ser Kiong Tan
Chee Chien
Lim Nance

FRED CHING said...

Back in the 70s the King of Blues songs resonated with me at a time when I was going through a major social adjustment. As an old man now, who was in my early 20s when this song came out. Thanks Brother Andy, you have brought back some great memories with this posting! Keep up the great work!👍❤️🥰

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

I didn't read this one till now. Thanks Fred. Yes, one of the best brothers who genuinely did the blues like no one could. You're for real. [If you're an old man, Fred, I can be categorized no more.] CHEERS.