Thursday, March 09, 2017

Pop Singers And Stars From 60's By Pete Emslie

Well folks, here we are again. I love art so much but I cannot draw myself.  The previous post on Al Hirschfeld has encouraged me to introduce another superb caricaturist;  this time I managed to get one of the best cartoonist in Movie World, U.S.A. 

He is no stranger to the art world and Mr Pete Emslie has drawings that are colourful and clear. No extra lines to muddle the images as they come easily recognisable. 

You can catch him with 10 years of his art at his Blogspot Domain

The last four actresses featured are my favourites from the 60's. But they are not singers and this time around you need to identify them with whatever little 
clue that has been given. Ready? Check them out:



"Oh the sharks have pretty teeth dear."

"Bye Bye Birdie..."
"Gonna Make My Brown Eyes Blue."
"Take one fresh and tender kiss"
"Rocket Man"

"And let me play among the stars"
"Boots are gonna walk all over you"
"Sweetheart Tree"
BB
SS
Picnic With Me?
Tau Huay

                 All images are the property of Mr Pete Emslie and are copyrighted.
Video: Lot of Living Dance Scene from 'Bye Bye Birdie' by: jbprichard's channel.

6 comments:

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi all,

Lots of responses from FB since it's easier to negotiate curves there. Will put them up on this post soon.

Thanks to all who responded.

TAN SOO KHOON said...

Let me try to name all
of them shown in your blog:

Bobby Darin
Bobby Rydell & Ann-Margret
Crystal Gayle
Dean Martin
Elton John
Frank Sinatra
Nancy Sinatra
Natalie Wood
Brigitte Bardot
Simone Signoret
Kim Novak
Mr Bean aka Rowan
Atkinson

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Man you are near even with Mike Bangar who thought Natalie Wood was Eartha Kitt and Sharon Stone (SS) was Simone Signoret. Thanks SK. Congratulations.

TAN SOO KHOON said...

Haha! One wrong. It is Sharon Stone.

STEPHEN HAN said...

Andy Mr Tan got two wrongs in Eartha Kitt " who performed in The National Theatre in the 60s and Fatal Attraction lady,Sharon Stone.Simone is more chubby than Sharon.


TAN SOO KHOON said...

I think it was Mike who named Eartha Kitt, not me.