Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Note From Leroy Lindsay: October 19, 2009

I have just read this note below by Leroy Lindsay today while going through my postings. Apologies to Leroy. I did not have an 'alert mail' notice previously. If you read this posting please leave your email address and I shall provide you with the emails of The Mysterians. Thanks, Andy.
.
Note from Leroy:
.
"It has been a long time since I have seen something written about my old friends and backing group, The Mysterians. I have returned to Singapore a few times since 2000, but have been unable to meet up with any of the boys.
.
The Mysterians was a group ahead of its time, with a group of tremendous musicians. We would have sold more records if we had decided to record the kind of music that was in demand at the time in Singapore, but we decided to record the songs that we liked. Our 'T' dances were always well attended on Sundays though.
.
It was a pleasure to work with the Mysterians, and I am happy that their contribution to 60's music in Singapore is being discussed."
.
Nice work,
Leroy Lindsay.
.
Image: From record cover: Cosdel CSP 1010. Andy Lim Collection.

No comments: