Sunday, January 17, 2010

(2) Experiencing London's 60s Musical "Oliver!"

MUSICALS AND PETER CHAN:


"I do say I don’t enjoy or know very much about stage plays or musicals until I was in one myself (Flower Drum Song). My introduction to the theaters was when a friend got me some free tickets to watch his son perform in Oliver! at the London Palladium (image).

Soon, I learnt there was a way to buy more economical tickets if you bought on the afternoons just one or two days before the actual performance.

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the performance and in the next few weeks, while on a business trip in London, my family sat through Jesus Christ Superstar, Miss Saigon, Les Miserables, Martin Guerre, and Phantom of the Opera, well before they hit Singapore shores."

Image: from e-bay.

(Original Article: was contributed by Peter Chan who was a Singapore 70s pop musician but now a successful business person.)

No comments: