Sunday, August 06, 2023

Music Quiz: Answers: 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' Series Of Songs

 


ANSWERS TO QUIZ:
#1-5

1. THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT
THE TOKENS

2. UNDER THE BOARDWALK 
ROLLING STONES

3. PLAY ME
NEIL DIAMOND

4. VINCENT
[STARRY STARRY NIGHT]
DON McLEAN

5.TEARS IN HEAVEN
ERIC CLAPTON.

Vincent: Starry Starry Night
Don McLean YouTube by: wysty67

ANSWERS
#6-10.

6. THE LADY IS A TRAMP
FRANK SINATRA, ETC.

7. LONESOME COWBOY
ELVIS PRESLEY

8. MEMORIES
BARBRA STRIESAND

9. SONG SUNG BLUES
NEIL DIAMOND

10. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
SARAH BRIGHTMAN, ETC.

11. TEH OH! TEH OH!
as suggested by MRS. DAISY KOH
[A Singapore custom when ordering a cup
of tea without milk, at the drink shops.]

7 comments:

CHIT CHAT said...

Colin Colin
I would think the original singer for this 'The lion sleeps tonight' song is by The Tokens? Me tio bo? I'm not checking Google. Haha

Andy Young
Colin Colin. hi. I also didn't check but it's the first version I heard some years back. Cute song and popular with children too?

CHIT CHAT said...

Freda Hanum
Oh yeah finally the answers... I'm really got to knock my head hard aiyoh 😕😅.

Koh Daisy
Me too. Phantom of the Opera was a giveaway. Look at the mask🤣. Try harder next time Freda!

CHIT CHAT said...

Michael Lee
Freda Hanum No worries, you only knock and didn't have to crack your head. Otherwise, problem is putting it back.

Andy Young
Freda Hanum ha, ha. You and Daisy really create the humour on these postings. Thank you both.

CHIT CHAT said...

Andy Young
Koh Daisy yes, the mask. Total giveaway... and your TEH OH was a very funny extra question. I had to explain because the blog is based in the US with many from there reading the posts. Otherwise they may not understand what the joke is about. 🙂 Thanks Daisy.

Andy Young
Michael Lee that's funny! 🙂

CHIT CHAT said...

Jennie Law
Sorry, I just dont know why I dont like this song at all..Is one of the song I dislike

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

I've left the biggest surprise to the last. The person with the most correct answers for the quiz is MS IRENE YAP. If I remember correctly she submitted very early 8 or 9 correct answers. CONGRATULATIONS Irene!!! CHEERS!!!

THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED AND MADE SUCH CUTE COMMENTS.

CHIT CHAT said...

https://singapore60smusic.blogspot.com/2023/07/music-quiz-provide-titles-and-singers.html

COPY AND PASTE TO CHECK ANSWERS.