Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ambassador Hotel Thanks For The Memories!

Anonymous commented on May 7th posting under Comment Page on May 13th, 2009 at 1.06pm: "How fab to find this photo of the Ambassador Hotel. As a child in the 1950s I lived next to the hotel at number 44. I would lie in bed listening to the music coming from the roof, often in a language I didn’t understand (I’m English), enjoying it immensely.

One of my other memories is when I would walk by the hotel on my way home from the school bus. The foyer doors were open and the sound of the juke box would waft out as I passed.
I recall ‘Oh please stay by me Diana’ was that Paul Anka? That song should pin point the year. I see from Google Earth that sadly the house and hotel no longer exist, nor the sea view we were lucky to have from our balcony."
(Thanks for writing. Here's another image of The Ambassador Hotel from National Heritage Board, Singapore.)

No comments: