Wednesday, February 25, 2009

PAT BOONE - The All American Boy 60s Image

Pat Boone was so popular in Singapore in the 50s and 60s that the country even had an official Pat Boone of Singapore called Walter Koh. I could not acquire a picture of Mr Koh but if he ever reads this blog please get in touch by writing on the comment page. If anyone knows Walter Koh or has a photograph of him please contribute.
Pat Boone, during his Far East Tour, was in Singapore on August, 20th, 1970. He stayed at the Hilton Hotel at Orchard Road with his wife Shirley when they were on their way to perform in Bangkok, Thailand.
Reference: (1) National Heritage Board, Singapore Website. (2) Singapore Press Holdings.
Image: Pat Boon Websites.
Original article: Andy Lim

2 comments:

Patrick said...

My father is Walter Koh, the Pat Boone of Singapore. My mom was known as the Connie Francis of Singapore.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for the information. It would really be wonderful if you could get in touch with me by providing me your email address as I have always wanted to write about Walter Koh.

Who is your mum? Apparently there are a few Connie Francis impersonators in Singapore.

Or you can write to me at: sing60smusic@yahoo.com.sg
Cheers.