Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rocking The Night Away! Where's My Car?


Saturday, 08-11-08

The large crowd at the VivoCity Amphitheatre was wonderful, enthusiastic, appreciative and applauded all the way. Many of them came to the stage after the show to shake hands with the band members and singers. Were you there?

It was my first time ever on stage after a 43 year break (if you want to call it that; I was hard at work being a parent, teacher, lecturer and globe-trotter).

It was a night I could not forget because ten minutes before I appeared on stage I was searching for my purple shirt which was on a hanger in the car in the very wide and large car park at Vivo City. 

Worse, it was my second time at that Mall, a pretty new place to me and the basement park was a vehicle wilderness that I got lost. I called Audie and he told me, "Better find it. Not much time..." The maroon shirt was part of the costume we had to wear since it was the Silver Strings' big night (image below).


The shirt that I was looking for. For uniformity.
I was sweating, worried and nervous because I had to appear on stage at the rooftop to perform my three songs. After nearly one hour (55 minutes actually) I found my car and quickly donned my maroon long-sleeves. I was sweating profusely (raining inside), frosting my pair of glasses. Arrghh!

I was just in time as I walked up the make-shift stage on the open roof of Vivo City. The crowd was great, giving me a warm welcome as Jerry Fernandez announced my appearance.  Little did they know about my car-park fright just below their seating area one hour before.

Now you know.

NB

During the performance by Mike and Herb, a University professor from Australia, who came all the way from Darwin to see them sing, rocked and rolled on the aisle with his wife till they were wet in sweat.

Dr. Steve Farram is everywhere on this blog. Check out some of his stories. Just write his name on the Search Column.

Above picture shows from left: Veronica, Mike, Yong (crouched), Andy, Danny Boy, Bobo, Alosius, Audie; and seated Herb.

Bobo (rhythm/lead guitarist) and Yong or Masrom (keyboard) had since passed away.

Image From: The Esquires Website.

7 comments:

WINSTON KOH said...

Thank you Andy for featuring The Trailers.
Also it was an honour to have met you.
👍🏼👍🏼👏👏🙏🙏

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

t was wonderful and an honour to have met you too Winston.
Got free lunches from you at SCC after that.
THANKS SO MUCH CHEERS.

CHOW WEN HING [SINGER/COMPOSER] said...

Look at that adoring audience!!
👍👍👍

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

WEN HING thanks.
Kind too, knowing I didn't sing for 50 years.
Lots of fun.

FREDA HANUM TEEPEES said...

That was quite a frightful encounter you got Andy, but must be such a relief to have found your car, a great show from Veronica Young, you and the Silver Strings indeed, bravo
👍👏👏

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Freda, really surprised you read the post.
You're the only one I think.
Yes, it was a bad experience, especially when I had to sing later.
THANKS so much for sharing the ordeal...
You are a kind soul with lots of heart.

FACEBOOK said...

THANKS ALL FOR LIKING THIS POST

Charlie Yap Locomotion
Freda Hanum
Rocker Lee
Jalani Mohamed
Patrick Teng
Joey Koh
Michael Fonseca
Koh Sui Pang
Yip Dick
Moody Cash
Ericbronson Wong
Ho Victor
Ann Rowena Lim
Stephen Han
Chow Wen Hing
Davy Chan
Gracie Teo
Anna See