Sunday, October 01, 2017

Andy 60's Music is 10 Years In November



My profile. Please click to read:
https://www.blogger.com/profile/10946638825812052608

Write your music stories; I shall publish them:

Like what great advertising guru Ogilvy said, "If you can't advertise yourself, what hope do you have of advertising anything else?"

Last November 2017 this blog was 10 years old and I must thank again all my readers, writers who helped, and friends who have supported it.

If you have stories about 60's music, local or otherwise, please write in and I shall promise to publish them. 
Your stories or songs can be in English, Chinese, Malay or Tamil. Or any language for that matter. I shall translate them but they must be about our Singapore 60's music scene and its influence. So keep to the theme as much as you can.

I think readers will want to hear from everyone out there.

77 Sunset Trip and going 78 this November.

So come on guys, keep me going...


One of my favourite television series, a long time ago. I was 77 last November 2017, my own Sunset Trip. 

4 comments:

CYLIN (CONTRIBUTOR AND WRITER) said...

Hey, Andy here's early congrats on the blog hitting the decade mark --no mean feat. Along 'Route 66' to '77 Sunset Strip', you've garnered millions of followers. This speaks volumes of its substance. Here's to more years of Andy's 60 Music.

ZUCKS! said...

As the digital age rendered the turntables obsolete, I held on to her records which I bought when I was younger. Recently I bought a turntable and speakers, cleaned up the records and played them. Once again her clear voice sang and I was transported back to the 70s when she and many others singers were the music of the era. A nostalgic trip indeed.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

ABOVE COMMENT ABOUT ZHANG XIAO YING:

Thank you Zucks! It's readers like you that keep me going. It's coming up to 10 years now and the tiredness has been creeping up. But when I get a comment like yours, I feel refreshed and want to write all over again, about Zhang Xiao Ying, Elvis, P. Ramlee or whoever comes to mind.

Records, speakers, an amp. and a turntable, with sound so clear you are transported back to the 70's.

Please visit this blog again with more of your comments.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Lin,
Love your comment about the musical journey along Route 66 to 77 Sunset Trip. Only an English major can comment like that.

Thanks for all your encouragement as we move on, hopefully for a journey where it will finally end naturally. "The buck stops here."

Meantime I shall just try my best.