Saturday, September 15, 2018

JAILHOUSE ROCK INDIAN VERSION

An Indian film created quite a sensation when it was shown in 2010 and proved quite a success. I just loved the video that highlighted the music scene in the movie, which showed a version of JAILHOUSE ROCK that I have never witnessed before on screen. Riotous and explosive it showed that the talent exposed by the Indian film industry is far better than any show that I've seen on our local TV or movie productions.

Dil Khol Ke - Jail House Rock Song: Dharma Productions. Thank you.

Directed by Siddharth Malhotra and Karan Johar, here dear readers, is one of the better Jailhouse Rock music dramatisation. The movie starred Arjun Rampal, Kareena Kapor and Kajol.

I used to go watch Hindustani movies as a child, at the Garrick and Taj Cinemas in Geylang Serai and the Queens Cinema at Geylang. The fantasy scripts and screen action were not as far-fetched as it is today. The movies were enjoyable and some of the songs still stick in my mind. You can read about my experience watching Bollywood shows by clicking the connection below:

http://singapore60smusic.blogspot.com/search/label/Bollywood%2FIndian%20pops

and:

https://singapore60smusic.blogspot.com/2018/10/jailhouse-rock-japanese-versions.html

A HAPPY DEEPAVALI 2020 TO ALL HINDU FRIENDS N READERS.

Thanks to:
BollywoodHungama.com

10 comments:

TAN SOO KHOON said...

I saw this before and I think these young Indian stars are good.
Elvis would have approved.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It was a fantastic sharing. I like this female song version very much. Thou i dont understand the language. ��������

YEN CHOW said...

I like it very much.
Female version.

ROSE KHOO said...

Nice Hindi version.
Hey, I also watched a lot of Hindi movies at Garrick n Taj and also Queens.
Used to stay at Paya Lebar

MICHAEL LEE (SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA) said...

Hi Andy whatever the language it is still "JAILHOUSE ROCK" and a very entertaining one too.
Cheerio have a nice Sunday

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Mike,
Wise words and very true. And thank you for your constant support.

And Rose,
You must be a big fan of Hindi movies.

Soo Khoon,
I have put up your approval on the FB page.

Yen Chow and Anon,
Thanks for calling it the female version.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Oh My Goodness,

You are from PG, that's Penang?

I was there with the family about 3 years ago.
Lovely place your island. Been there a few times.
And Georgetown with it Heritage Place is fantastic,
the train, etc.

Again, terima kaseh banyak2 FL for your kind support.


KOH SUI PANG FB said...

YES i watched ...i love the dances ..boooooooooooly.

WINSTON KOH (SINGER: FLYING PHANTOMS said...

Nice video Andy

FACEBOOK said...

Koh Daisy
I posted something about the movie epics Sangam and Dil Deke Dekho on your blog but it didn’t work. These Hindi blockbusters were shown at the Garrick in the 60s for months. My neighbour, Raj used to play the song Dil Deke Dekho every evening. The music was blasting from her Denon speakers and we kids would sing the chorus together. A very catchy song...I still remember it...so much fun then. Love the Bollywood jail house rock.

andy
YES Daisy, thanks. the DDD post is another one which was posted on FB a few years ago. Thanks for your informative feedback and time you took. I shall post the above comment under LET'S ROCK.
Cheers Daisy.