Sunday, August 09, 2026

Andy 60’s Music: Letter From Herb Van Dort Of ‘BEATLES OF MALAYSIA’: MIKE & HERB Fame

Mike, Danny Boy, Andy, Herb.

A National Day message from Herbert Van Dort of Mike and Herb fame. Thanks so much Herb for the accolade. Since you asked me to put it up, here it is. It's not so easy to get any award from Singapore but I wouldn't like to disappoint a good friend, so with much apprehension I have published it. 

Hi Andy, 

“HAPPY SINGAPORE DAY”  🇸🇬                                9th August 2026.

Would you kindly wish for all the groups from the 60’s (sixties) during our time there. The Boys, Checkmates, The Quest, The Silver Strings, Jerry and his band (Neu Faces), Ronnie and the Burns, our compere K. V. John, The Silver Stars, Naomi and Henry Suriya, The Cyclones and Veronica Young. 

I don’t see myself coming to Singapore in the near future, so it’s goodbye from Mike and Herb. Thanks very much Andy the photos you sent sister Barbara of Mike, me, Danny and also with yourself all look fantastic. I am going to get the photo enlarged [image above].

By the way Andy you are the guru in the music industry and if it wasn’t for you Singapore’s music scene would be dead. Singapore owes you a mighty big award for what you did for all Singapore and Malaysia local bands.

I hope you will be able to put this letter into your blog so that everyone can read this, especially the Singapore Government so that you will receive your reward for all your achievements.

Well to a great performer like yourself, let me wish you [and I know my brother Mike felt the same] all the very best, my good friend.

Best wishes,

Herb van Dort.

No comments:

Post a Comment