Saturday, February 19, 2011

Looking For Mandy: Singapore Girl. Anyone?


Hi Andy,
I received this request from my friend Russ Wickson. See if you are able to help him with his question.

"Hi Chun See.
Thanks for getting back to me. I am wondering if amongst your numerous friends and contacts you know someone that is into old records and may have old catalogues.

I am trying to identify a European called 'Mandy' who made a 45 rpm in the mid 1960's whilst living in Singapore or possibly Johore Bahru. It is quite feasible there were recording studios in Singapore connected with all the major recording companies of that time.

The details of the 45 are in the attachment, but in case it doesn't come out the details are as follows...

Philips 45 rpm mono
ME-0179-MF
Plaiser D'Amour / O'cangaceiro

I have tried contacting Philips in the past but it seems they are not in a position to assist and I have tried searching the internet without any success.
Russ Wickson"

Can any surfer help with this query?

Hi Chun See,
Found the images (above) and recordings from the blog below but am not certain what Wickson needs, the actual record or to find Wendy.
Andy.

2 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

Thanks for putting up this post.

When I read Russ' email, I thought the name Mandy and the face sounded familiar and I thought I read it in you blog before. I did a search in your blog but did not find any Mandy.

It appears I had actually seen this before at my fellow Foyer's website.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Lost and Found. Google and Blogs?

Never thought I'd live to see this century and all its quaint essentials.