Saturday, January 29, 2011

This Linchong EP Needs Interpretation: Anyone?


The only EP (Blue Star NE 1014) that I possess of Jimmy Linchong because it was offered to me at a discount and because I remember watching him on television and admired his looks.
The National Museum screened his movie, The Singing Thief in June, 2009 where he acted with Lily Ho (sexy, screen siren of the sixties). But the above song selection is not from the movie.
If Chun See or anyone else can help to translate the cover title and 6 song titles into English, I'd be grateful.
Image: Andy Lim Collection.

4 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

Friend,, this is the song that I have been talking about all along! The Chinese version of Ayo Mama. Alamak. I searched all over YouTube and you have it all along.

The Chinese title says; Where Love Comes From

Lam Chun See said...

1)爱情哪里来 (Where Love Comes From)
2)何必当初遇到你 (Why did we meet then)
3)故乡之歌 (Village/kampong Song)
4)美丽的香港 (Beautiful Hong Kong)
5)寂寞 (Lonely or Loneliness)
6)我爱香港 (I Love Hong Kong)

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks Chun See,

Not colour blind, Mandarin blind. My ignorance of the language is killing me. Also I didn't look at the back-cover until only recently.

The song, 'Loneliness', posted on the blog now, is for you.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Opps, I couldn't do it.

Google: "You Tube Jimmy Linchong Loneliness" and you will get the video by 'Ivlalaysiaboleh'.

Again, thanks.