SINGAPORE 60's: ANDY'S POP MUSIC INFLUENCE: ON THE MUSIC N MEMORY TRAIL IS MY OWN BLOG N ROLL PROJECT. NOSTALGIA IS PERSONAL HISTORY N PICTURES TELL STORIES. POP MUSIC NOT PILLS. ANDY YOUNG. (November, 2008). IT'S DONE WITH MUCH TIME AND LOVE.


'CLAIR' FROM O'SULLIVAN AND CARNABY STREET.

'CLAIR' FROM O'SULLIVAN AND CARNABY STREET.
A previous neighbour from the 60's talks about 'Clair' and Carnaby Street. CLIK PIX TO READ.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Papa He Loves Mama: The Original by Donald Peers - Video from: loadsamusic



SONGS I LOVE:
The original is called, Papa, He Loves Mama and it's by Donald Peers. A lovely song to play for your wedding anniversary or birthday party! Come on guys. Still love each other, don't you both? And its a beautiful song to teach your children and grandchildren. Read about this particular song and a few others in the next posting below.
Lyrics:
1.
Listen well while I tell you a story
Of a boy and girl in the Spring
As the first flower burst into glory
And I heard every bird start to sing.
Chorus:
Papa he loves mama
Mama she loves papa
Papa he loves mama
Mama she loves papa
La, la, la, la, la, la...
2.
In a church far away from the city
On a morning in May they were wed
And the bride's starry eyed looked so pretty
That the world looking on, smiled and said.
3.
Just a year from the day they were married
Came a gift from the girl to the boy
Looking proud as a queen as she carried
Such a wonderful bundle of joy.

13 comments:

Fiona said...

I was brought up in Singapore and this song was the first I remember my parents playing - there was a 'b' side but I am not sure what it was. We moved back to UK in the early Sixties and I have never found anyone else who remembers it. The fact you have placed it as Singapore 60's make sense to me - I have now downloaded it and it brings back happy memories of childhood. Thank you <3

Fiona said...

I think it was sung by local artists tho'

Andy Lim* said...

Thank you very much Fiona for your visit, feedback and memories of your days in Singapore 60s.

Please feel free to write again about those years when you were on this island.

You can write using your email address which will not be published.

Donald Peers Website: said...

Above Website about Donald Peers.

Yes Fiona. It's not sung by local Singapore artistes but by Donald Peers from England.

I hope it's the same singer. Please let me know if it is a different person.

vineet gupta said...

thank you for posting this song. I've grown up on this and God knows since when i was looking for it. it is a wonderful song to be played to kids .I play it for my son now. thank you once again.
Dr. Vineet Gupta
India

Andy Lim* said...

Thank you Vineet for visiting this blog. I am glad you find the song you wanted.

The same song has brought me happy memories when I was young and have now taught it to my two grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

I just lost my sheet music for this song papa he loves mama. Anyone can find a copy please send to me at Yen3154@hotmail. I play it for the seniors and dementia patients. SOS!!! meantime will continue to find. Thanks!!

Andy Lim* said...

Check out onlinesheetmusic.com, there's one for piano, another guitar. Or order from music shops in Singapore. Best to buy originals and allow composers and shops to earn some. Won't cost much.
Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I live in Pune, Maharashtra, India.I grew up with this song. It is a very beautiful song which I always remembered. I was very happy to find it and hear it after so many years,
nearly 40 years.
This song brings fond memories of my childhood. Thank you so much.
M.B.SALKE.

Andy Young* said...

Thank you MB Salke for the visit and for writing in. I appreciate you sharing your memory with me and my readers. I love this song as much and am now teaching my grandson to sing it.

Please come back soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Andy

Wow..I just happenned to look for this song when reminiscing of my childhood years spent in Singapore. What a coincidence to find this uploaded by a sixties kid from right there!! Thank you very much Andy for the shared memories.
As a toddler, this song would play on a continuous loop and was the sweetest memory that I cherish to this day. Did'nt we all break out and join in the final giggles and laugh with the singer!! I'm chuckling to myself already!! .......sonny (Canada)

Anonymous said...

Andy......I'm not sure if Fiona (comment of 8.12.11) is still reading this. On the 'B' side of our record was Lulu's 'To Sir with Love'......sonny (Canada)

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thank you Sonny for the memories. Yes I love this song too. Like you said, it goes on and on and on. And we wait for that final giggle.

Could your record be a pirated one? I mean with Lulu on the other side. I'm not sure with this particular recording. Pardon me if I'm wrong.

Visit this site more often to write and tell.