SINGAPORE 60's: ANDY'S POP MUSIC INFLUENCE: ON THE MUSIC N MEMORY TRAIL IS MY OWN BLOG N ROLL PROJECT. NOSTALGIA IS PERSONAL HISTORY N PICTURES TELL STORIES. (I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO YOU-TUBE VIDEOS, AUDIO TRACKS OR IMAGES. THEY ARE UPLOADED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. MOST ARTICLES AND SOME IMAGES ARE ORIGINAL, COPYRIGHTED AND LABELLED SUCH. KNOWLEDGE IS FREE. COPYRIGHTS ARE NOT. ANDY YOUNG. November, 2008).





HARI RAYA

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Grammy Award Record Of The Year 1970 - 1079

GRAMMY FEVER NOW. RECORD OF THE YEAR 70s LIST:

1979: Just the Way You Are performed by Billy Joel, produced by Phil Ramone
1978: Hotel California (image) performed by The Eagles, produced by Bill Szymczyk.
1977: This Masquerade performed by George Benson, produced by Tommy LiPuma.
1976: Love Will Keep Us Together performed by Captain & Tennille, produced by Daryl Dragon.
1975: I Honestly Love You performed by Olivia Newton-John, produced by John Farrar.
1974: Killing Me Softly with His Song performed by Roberta Flack, produced by Joel Dorn.
1973: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face performed by Roberta Flack, produced by Joel Dorn.
1972: It's Too Late performed by Carole King, produced by Lou Adler.
1971: Bridge over Troubled Water performed by Simon & Garfunkel; produced by Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon & Roy Halee.
1970: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In performed by The 5th Dimension, produced by Bones Howe.
Song I love? Only one: Hotel California. Watch the YouTube Video!
Information: Wikipedia.
Image: e-bay.

4 comments:

nomore said...

I love all of them, but especially the " Bridge over..." Great songs...

Andy Young* said...

The best songs, for me, are those that have only been nominated.

They are ('70-'79): Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Song Sung Blue, American Pie, Joy To The World, My Sweet Lord, Let It Be, Alone Again, Naturally.

I am just wondering how they select these songs to win. Anybody?

BC Teoh said...

A classic list!

'Hotel California', 'Killing Me Softly With His Song' and 'Bridge Over Trouble Water' are my favourites records.

Andy Young* said...

Yes, BC I like your selection too, especially "Killing". I was away in a far off land in 1973 and whenever this song I hear this song, I go back there in memory.