SINGAPORE 60's: ANDY'S POP MUSIC INFLUENCE: ON THE MUSIC N MEMORY TRAIL IS MY OWN BLOG N ROLL PROJECT. NOSTALGIA IS PERSONAL HISTORY N PICTURES TELL STORIES. (I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO YOU-TUBE VIDEOS, AUDIO TRACKS OR IMAGES. THEY ARE UPLOADED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. MOST ARTICLES AND SOME IMAGES ARE ORIGINAL, COPYRIGHTED AND LABELLED SUCH. KNOWLEDGE IS FREE. COPYRIGHTS ARE NOT. ANDY YOUNG. November, 2008).





Sunday, January 17, 2010

(2) Experiencing London's 60s Musical "Oliver!"

MUSICALS AND PETER CHAN:


"I do say I don’t enjoy or know very much about stage plays or musicals until I was in one myself (Flower Drum Song). My introduction to the theaters was when a friend got me some free tickets to watch his son perform in Oliver! at the London Palladium (image).

Soon, I learnt there was a way to buy more economical tickets if you bought on the afternoons just one or two days before the actual performance.

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the performance and in the next few weeks, while on a business trip in London, my family sat through Jesus Christ Superstar, Miss Saigon, Les Miserables, Martin Guerre, and Phantom of the Opera, well before they hit Singapore shores."

Image: from e-bay.

(Original Article: was contributed by Peter Chan who was a Singapore 70s pop musician but now a successful business person.)

No comments: