Wednesday, November 18, 2009

(3) Janice Wee The Mascots Sarawak Malaysia

Janice Wee is from Kuching, Sarawak too. And her group is The Mascots. Wee has a Philips recording done with these songs, That One Boy, I Walk The Line, If Love Could Be and Another You where she was backed by The Boys (Naomi).

The Mascots accompanied her on another English Language EP with Just For You, Ding, Ding, Dong, Garden Of My Home and My Colouring Book.

Her song, Garden Of My Home, with that slightly upbeat melody, is typical of the 60s. The lines, "Sometimes I think I’m much too loud/And then I’m standing on a cloud/It all depends on what I hear/And then again there’s nothing clear..." describes the general teenage angst. Meaningful and realistic, even for youth today?

Janice Wee and The Mascots: That One Boy
YouTube Video by: kt jong.

Image: Universal Music, Singapore.
Original article: Andy Lim Collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Andy for keeping my memory alive. Heartfelt thanks. Janice

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi Janice,
Nice of you to visit.
Surprised you wrote in.
Please, if you can, do a detailed write-up of your years in music; ie:
1] how you started
2] bands you were with
3] places you played in.
4] when you concluded your stint...

Would be interesting for readers.
Try?
Thanks again.