Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Coca Cola Singapore - The New Seekers - EP

The New Seekers with the Coca Cola advertisement recorded on an EP. It was the very popular, "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke" reworked as, "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing."
It's still remembered to day by many baby boomers and the world at large. The jingle made it to the top 100 best selling single in the U.K. at the end of 1971, came 7th in the U.S. and hit many Top Pop Charts internationally.
(Image: From Andy Lim Collection).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly took the world by storm then, and it remains my favourite tune to this day. (BABY BOOMER, MIKE)

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks again Mike for writing. Yes jingles certainly stick in the mind like super glue. The other song that keeps playing in my head is, "We Are The World."

I hope to post the 45 single soon. Only one copy but everyone's keeping theirs.

Cheers,
Andy